So you need to bulk delete Orders from your Shopify store because you created those orders while testing or those are just unneeded for some reason.
Through Shopify Admin you might not be able to delete them because they are already archived, or there is just too much of them that deleting them one by one is just too time-consuming.
Deleting an order will remove any record of it from your Shopify admin and your order history. Only the following types of order can be deleted:
- orders that were paid with a manual payment method
- orders that started as a draft and were then marked as paid
- orders that were imported through the Shopify API
- test orders
Here’s how you delete any Shopify Order with Matrixify (Excelify) app:
1. Export your existing Orders from Shopify to Excel
You might even not need to export any other details about those orders – that way your exported Excel file will have just one row per Order, which will be convenient in this situation.
2. Edit exported Excel file to mark orders you need to delete
Delete from that Excel file all the orders which you want to keep in your store – so that your file contains only Shopify Orders you want to delete.
Then set the values for “Command” column to “DELETE”.
Make sure your Excel sheet (tab) name is “Orders” – that’s how you tell the app that you are working with Orders.
3. Import prepared file to delete those Orders
Good to know
- You can delete any other items from your Shopify store the same way.
- Before deleting orders, you might want to do the full export of all Order details to Excel file. You can keep that file for reference, or even restore deleted orders later to your Shopify store if you need to.
- Recently Shopify made a change to not allow stores to delete Orders by any way (through Admin or through apps) where Shopify itself is acting as a financial transaction processor. When deleting such an order, you will see in Import Results file the following error message: “Cannot delete Orders brokered by Shopify“.
- The closest thing, if you cannot delete your Orders, is to Archive them. Look into this tutorial to see how to archive your existing orders.