With Matrixify app, you can force to identify Products by Shopify Variant ID, Variant SKU or Variant Barcode even if your file contains Handle and Title columns.
This feature can be handy if you have a supplier file from which you are synchronizing your Products but Handle and Title can change in this file, by forcing identification from Variant the app will always look for products in your store by the specific Variant field.
How does Matrixify do it?
You can use
Variant SKU or
Variant Barcode for a forced identification.
Simply add [ID] to the end of the column header to tell the app that you wish to identify your Products by that Variant field.
Variant SKU [ID].
The app will search for such Shopify Variant SKU in your store and update all fields for it you may have in the file.
If the Product will not be found the app will attempt to create a new one.
Similarly, you could also update your SKUs by forcing the identification by Variant Barcode.
Variant Barcode [ID] column in your file and the app will find all product variants with this barcode in the store.
Good to know!
- You can only have one forced identification column in the file.
- In the Import Results file, you will also have the “Handle (Ref)” column. This field is added always when updating by Variant as a reference to see what product got updated.
- Read the tutorial on how to update Shopify Products by Variant SKU.
- Read the tutorial on how to bulk update Shopify Product SKUs.
- Read the Shopify manual about managing your Product Variants.
- Have any questions or features you would like to see? Contact us now!