You can have English or non-English characters in your URLs (Handles).
However, some stores support some languages but don’t support the others, and some stores don’t support international characters at all.
With Matrixify you have an option to choose whether you wish to import handle with non-English characters or transliterate international characters into similar-sounding text in using just Latin letters.
1. Prepare the file that has handles as international characters
The same principle applies for all items that use Handles:
2. Upload the file into Matrixify
In the Matrixify app go to the Import section and upload your file here. Wait for the app to finish analyzing the file.
Do not yet press Import, lets first select our preferred options.
3. Select options for your import
Now you can click on the “Options” button in the Import section and checkbox if you wish to transliterate handles to the English alphabet.
4. Enjoy handles for your imported items
You can see Products handle if you locate this product in your Shopify Admin -> Products. Then scroll down to the section “Search engine listing preview” and click on “Edit website SEO”.
Example of transliterated handles:
- Handle “الف ليلة وليلة” will result in the Product URL: https://yourstore.com/products/lf-lyl-wlyl
- Handle “рубашка в клетку” will result in Product URL: https://yourstore.com/products/rubashka-v-klietku
- Handle “绿色衬衫” will result in Product URL: https://yourstore.com/products/lu-se-chen-shan