This is how to Export from Shopify to an SFTP server
In the Matrixify app, in the Export section:
- Choose what data you want to export with checkboxes.
- Apply filters to your export to export specific items if needed.
- In the Export Options section elect the scheduling and repeating options if you want to repeat the export automatically.
- On the “Upload to:” line, choose the SFTP.
- Enter the SFTP link in the following format:
Don’t put the file name or file extension in that path – as this is generated automatically.
If you want your file name to be custom, then fill the field “Custom file name:” in the Options section.
Exporting to ExaVault.com
If you do not have your own SFTP server you can always look into services that provide them.
One user-friendly cloud SFTP service you can pair with Matrixify is ExaVault.com.
1. Register in ExaVault
If you do not yet have an account with them then you can go to their website and register!
2. In your server, create a directory where to export data (optional)
Log into your ExaVault account and you can see your Home folder.
You can skip this step and upload directly to the Home folder, but you can also create directories where to upload your data.
As an example, I will create the folder “Matrixify Backup Export” on the Home page, then go into that folder and create the “Products” folder there.
3. Get your folders direct link
Once you know where you wish to export your data, you can go into that folder and press the “Add Direct Link” button.
You will need this link to construct the Matrixify SFTP link.
A popup will appear, click next to the link to copy it on your keyboard.
Adding a direct link will make this folder available publically.
Once you have set up your export, you can click on “Edit Direct Link” and there you will be able to remove it, thus making the directory no longer public.
4. Construct SFTP link for Matrixify
Your copied link should something like this, which as you can see is not SFTP link –
The Matrixify link is formatted as per the following template –
In the example case, the correct link to use in Matrixify would be –
*Replace “user” and “password” with your ExaVault login credentials.
5. Go into the Matrixify app and export your data!
Here you can follow this tutorials first part to set up your export.
Once the data is exported. It will appear in your ExaVault server!
Good to know
- If the user is e-mail address then replace the “@” symbol with “%40”.
- If the password contains # or @ symbol then please create such password which doesn’t contain those symbols as those are special characters for the URL and will cause confusions.
- You can import any of the file formats which are supported by Matrixify.
- See this tutorial on how to import from an SFTP server to Shopify.