On this page, you can see a list of all released changes in the Matrixify app.
To get notified about the changes as soon as they happen, follow Matrixify Slack workspace #whats-new channel.
- UI: If you have any changes in API permission scopes needed, then we will show the notification about that in the Export and Import page. So that you don’t miss if you need to approve changed API permission scopes.
- Import: Follow redirect if target URL is not escaped (e.g. has spaces).
- Import: WooCommerce API: Should be able to read unexpected shipping line tax records because of customizations.
- Fix: Import from URL: with earlier fix we broke reading from URLs that have redirects, if it redirects to a relative path.
- Fix: Import Products: was not adding the new variant to existing default if changing the variant positions at the same time.
- Import Products: products can be found additionally by “
Variant ID” or “
Variant Barcode” values – the same way as by “
Variant SKU“. To force identifying by specific column, use “
Variant ID [ID]“, “
Variant SKU [ID]“, or “
Variant Barcode [ID]“. This way, for example, you can update Product Tags by Barcode, by including the column names like this:
Variant Barcode [ID]– this will find all the products that have this barcode, and update their tags accordingly.
- Fix: Export: sometimes the whole job failed because of GraphQL Throttling too much, and exceeded count of retries.
- Fix: Import Products: when [
Image Src] contains Google Drive link that cannot be parsed, give the appropriate error.
- Fix: Export Products: when exporting Variant Metafields with definitions, the definitions were not included.
- Companies Export/Import: Added new columns [
Location: Catalogs] and [
Location: Catalogs Command].
- Import Tags: should not give the warning that tags are not saved, if Shopify just converted tags upper/lower case and special symbols to what already exists in the store.
- Fix: Import Tags: sometimes Shopify does not update Tags – we catch those cases, and give warning if Shopify did not update after a retry (Customers and Products for now).
- UI: Job List: show the
Dry Runbadge for import jobs that are Dry Run, so that it’s distinguishable from real import.
- Import Customers from WooCommerce: allow to add additional URL parameter “customer_role=…” where to set comma-separated roles to migrate.
- Import from WooCommerce: now you can also migrate WooCommerce Coupons as Shopify Discounts.
- Import Metafields: when app changes the forced Metafield type to the type from Definition, then it will tell precisely which Metafield that was, so that you don’t have to guess.
- Import Orders: sometimes the item was failing with an error that the Shipping Address is not valid, even if you did not have any data about it in the import file. That’s because Shopify still validates Order addresses when anything is updated. We made a workaround to not fail there anymore.
- Export/Import Orders/Draft Orders: added new column [
Customer: Tax Exempt]. Also you can filter by that column to include only Orders/Draft Orders that have Customers with or without Tax Exempt.
- Fix: Import Custom Collections: was not able to find the Product by Handle if [
Product: ID] was written as a scientific number.
- Fix UI: was showing blank screen in some cases when viewing a historical export job that had filters.
- Import Products from Magento: should use
url_pathis just a negative integer, because there is a case when Magento exports the data to CSV like that.
- Fix: Import from Google Drive: changed minimal allowed id length to 28 symbols to allow importing specific Google IDs. That is, for Google URLs like this:
- Import Orders: do not send name attribute for Shipping Address if no shipping address column in the file, otherwise Shopify was splitting the first/last name from the name, putting only first word as the Name.
- Import/Export to/from FTP/SFTP: retry less when checking the URL from UI, and give the hint about adding Matrixify IP to firewall, when getting a TimeOut error.
- Fix: Export Companies: fill
Main Contact: Customer IDand
Main Contact: Customer Emailcolumns also when exporting only Basic Columns.
- Export Orders: Removed
Payment: Processing Methodcolumn because it is not available in Shopify API anymore.
- Fix: Import Products: updating of variant inventory levels had become 8x slower after previous upgrades. This is fixed now back to the earlier speed.
- Import from URL: if the URL is not valid or is not available, show more detailed error about it.
- Fix: Import Products: give warning when Shopify fails to delete the Inventory Level for specific Location, and continue – do not fail that particular Product.
- Orders & Draft Orders: export shipping/billing addresses when linked to Company (and fix importing back – should not forget that it’s linked to the Company when updating Draft Order).
- Fix: Import: should not remove unicode mark symbols from non-English character handles.
- Fix: Export Products: was including only up to 250 Inventory Location columns, but now it includes all of them.
- Import Companies: will not assume any default Location Role when adding Customer to the Company with empty
Customer: Rolecolumn value (previously we assumed the
- Import Metafields: if you have the Metafield Definition in your store, but your specified Metafield type in the import file is different, then instead of failing we will assume the type from your Metafield Definition.
- Export & Import: notification email Job # is now clickable link that takes you to that specific job inside the app.
- Import Products: should not copy/repeat the
Variant IDcolumn value when generating variants from options – because in that case those are new variants and should not update any existing variants by ID.
- Export Products: in Filters changed the name in the dropdown from
Published– to match the column name in the exported file.
- Import: Orders: skip creating fulfillment if any of the
Fulfillment: ...columns are filled for
Line Itemline type row, but
Fulfillment: Statusare blank. That is – because you can create Fulfillments by filling the Fulfillment columns for Line Item rows – but just to avoid accidentally creating Fulfillments if you actually didn’t mean to.
- Export Metafields: Relocated Metafield column selector/editor pencil button from Customize Columns section to Select Columns section.
- Export Metafields: Option
Include also definitions without valuesto add Metafield columns in the exported file from Metafield definitions that do not have value set for any of the exported items.
- Import: when there is an error message about wrong value for boolean (TRUE/FALSE) cell – then tell in Import Results precisely in which column that error is.
- Privacy Notice: we have added new Subprocessor to our vendors list: OpenAI. We will use this provider for Matrixify Support AI chatbot.
- Export & Import Companies: added new column [
Location: Allow Shipping To Any Address] to change the Company Location checkout settings
Allow customers to ship to any addresscheckbox.
- Export Orders: Removed [
Shipping Origin: ...] columns because Shopify does not provide this data anymore.
- Export Discounts: if cannot read Countries list from Shopify API, set the column Free Shipping: Country Codes values to Country ID, and give the warning about that.
- Import Metafields: if there was a Metafield with [
metaobject_reference] type that points to non-existing Metaobject, then Shopify API was failing the whole Product with “Internal Server Error”. We made a workaround to validate the Metaobject reference before sending to Shopify, and if that reference will not be valid, then we will give a warning about that, and will ignore that Metafield. To import such Metafields, you need to go to Matrixify Settings -> Shopify API Access Scopes, and authorize those permission changes.
- Import: allow uploading up to 10 GB size. Earlier we allowed up to 10 GB import only from FTP/SFTP or link, but now you can upload also from the browser. Beware that there are different browser limitations that might still not allow to upload such a big file. Best way to upload large CSV files, is to zip them – it will be also much quicker. If you have large volume of data in Excel, better save it to CSV, and then zip it.
- Fix: Import Metafields: when importing Metafield with double
[[in the column name, then we were failing with the error:
premature end of char-class.
- Import Products, Collections, Pages:
Image Srccolumn can now have image links to Google Drive and Dropbox, and we convert those links to such that Shopify is able to import those images.
- Import & Export Options: you can define additional dynamic placeholder Job ID for custom file name as
- Import Products: give better error when adding product images but product does not exist anymore.
- Import Images: if importing
Image Srcfrom link that points to image without the file extension, then try to determine the file type/extension from the “MIME Type” (Content Type) that’s sent from the image web server.
- Import Products: Importing [
Variant Inventory Tracker] with custom fulfillment service was returning an error
Inventory Management: is <fulfillment service handle>, so fulfillment service must also be <fulfillment service handle>.
- Website Tutorials: You can now use built-in search bar for Tutorials page to find the tutorials you need quicker!
- Import Collections: When sorting Products in a Collection, sometimes app was not able to find product in the store by Handle even if it existed.
- Export Orders: added new column [
Price: Current Subtotal].
- Fix: Import Orders: when updating Order that has some missing Billing address fields in Shopify, then it was failing that there are mandatory fields to fill, even if not updating Billing address.
- Fix UI: Export & Import: show better error message if trying to set Options to upload file to unsupported destination.
- Import Orders: will not allow creating a Refund transaction to a different gateway than the parent transaction, because Shopify still switches to the parent transaction gateway.
- Settings – FTP/SFTP server: checkbox to not create
.filepartfile while file is being uploaded. By default we are creating the file with the
.filepartextension so that you know that the file is still being uploaded. And once the file is uploaded fully, then we rename it to the proper file extension, which means that the upload is finished. That can be very useful if you have scripts that take exported files from your FTP/SFTP server, and to make sure you don’t take file that is still being uploaded.
- Import: Orders: the restored ability to import multiple Tracking Numbers and Tracking URLs in columns
Fulfillment: Tracking Numberand
Fulfillment: Tracking URL. To save multiple numbers or URLs there, split them by semicolon.
- Export Orders: take the
Price: Current Totaldirectly from API which is now available, instead of calculating by ourselves.
- Export Products: moved to new Shopify API logic for inventory Fulfillment Service linking to Locations. That means the export of Multi-Location Inventory will include also locations that are linked to Fulfillment Services, so that you can change inventory quantity in those, too. Related to new “SKU Sharing” Shopify feature that allows multi-location quantities to include several Fulfillment Services.
- Import Products: the ability to change inventory available also in Fulfillment Services because now each of them have their own location.
- Import & Export: if there is some required Shopify API access scope change that is not approved, then instead of failing each item, we will fail the whole job – with the message explaining how to approve the required scopes in Matrixify Settings.
- Import Orders: can import B2B Orders – linked to Company and Location. Use same columns as in the Export (and as in Draft Orders):
- Customer: ID
- Customer: Email
- Company: ID
- Company: Name
- Company: Location ID
- Company: Location Name
Need to fill one of each to identify the Customer, Company and Company Location.
- Fix: Import Orders: should not create any Refund transactions when canceling without the Refund (but still have to void any Authorization transactions).
- Export Orders: new columns [
Transaction: Payment ID], [
Transaction: Device ID], [
Transaction: User ID].
- Fix: Import Orders: should not create any Refund transactions when cancelling without the Refund (but still have to void any Authorization transactions).
- Fix UI: Settings -> [Request to erase all files] was failing with an error.
- UI: Request to approve Shopify API Access Scopes moved to Settings.
- Import images: remove the
i0.wp.comURL part from [
Image Src] image link to make Shopify import those links.
- UI: Improved page layout while loading the app, so that it would not shift the page contents while loading – to adhere to the CLS (Cumulative Layout Shift) usability requirements.
- Fix: Import & Export Discounts: should load Countries from Shopify only if the column [
Free Shipping Country Codes] is included (to make it work also for shops where Shopify API returns “Internal Server Error” when requesting list of Countries).
- Fix: Import Batch: was failing that cannot find file to move finished job file to Finished folder, so they got stuck in “In Progress” folder after the import was finished.
- Fix: Import from FTP/SFTP: when doing Import Again from earlier such job that had folder actions, then it took the file from the Finished folder of the original job.
- Import Metafields: is now able to extract the Metafield type from the column [type] part even if type is in quotes or other symbols. E.g. column name:
Metafield namespace.key [ "single_line_text_field" ](notice that type is additionally put in quotes and surrounded by spaces).
- Import Metafields: do not require the
Metafieldcolumn prefix. Example column name that is also ok:
Metafield namespace.key [type].
- Export Files: filter by Created At was set off by the shop timezone. Now it’s filtering with the correct time zone.
- Fix: Import Orders: when matching Refund Line Items with Line Items also take into account the [Line: Tax …] column value differences.
- UI: Improved app loading speed.
- Import & Export: switch to newest Shopify API version
- Import Orders: Fulfillment Orders cannot be created with
openstatus; and such
openFulfillments cannot be completed/fulfilled anymore. Shopify does not support that anymore. Fulfillments can be created only with
successstatus. Those Fulfillments that are not
success, can only be cancelled.
- Import Collections: if image cannot be downloaded by Shopify because of timeout, then retry up to 3 times. If image cannot be downloaded at all, then do not fail to update the rest of the Collection, but just give a warning about the image.
- Fix: Export & Import: changed retry to maximum 50 times if getting HTML as a response from Shopify.
- Fix UI: Refresh the app window automatically if Shopify authentication fails. It usually happens if Merchant has very slow or unstable internet connection.
- Fix: Import Products: retrying to save images if having HTTP 500 – Internal Server Error for Shopify GraphQL request.
- Fix: Export Discounts: exporting with many Discount Codes could cause error GraphQLRetriesExceededError because of throttling delay miscalculation.
- Fix: Import Orders: when creating Fulfillments, and Shopify does not allow to fulfill specific Line Items, then fail the import of that Order with the message:
Shopify does not allow to fulfill the following Line Item [...]..
- Implement newest OAuth flow and Shopify API library significant upgrade. If something that worked previously for you, doesn’t anymore – please, contact our Support. Fix: Pagination for Payout exports with Transactions.
- Fix: Pagination for Payout exports with Transactions.
- Fix: Export pagination for some items was not going beyond 250 items.
- Import Metafields: use the type from Definition if legacy type (like
string) is specified in the file.
- Import Orders from WooCommerce: will not fill the [
Shipping: Phone] column if there is no Shipping address – otherwise Shopify was asking for Shipping address to be filled fully when there is just a phone.
- UI: update API Access Scopes permissions to allow also removing scopes. This will allow you to remove the
write_shippingaccess scope, which is not needed.
- Fix UI: those shops that have new
admin.shopify.comdomain were not able to approve the changes in app access scopes. If you had the error when approving access scopes, please, refresh the app window and then try again.
- Fix: Import Products: should not add extra columns in the Results file if the Inventory Available location name has a dot at the end of the name.
- Fix: Import Metafields: was failing if column name was [
MetaField: something] (with capital F).
- Security: Ask additional permission scopes that are needed for new FulfillmentOrders API in 2023-01 version:
- Import from Transporter CSV: rename [
Metafield Value Type] column to [
Metafield Type] – to match with changes in Transporter. We also support the previous
Metafield Value Typecolumn – so that you don’t have to rename it in your files.
- Fix: When reinstalling the uninstalled app, it was giving an error about Uninstalled plan.
- Fix UI: Job was not refreshing when opened by deep link to the Job page.
- Import: improved warning about items that will not fit in the chosen paid plan.
- Import Orders: Give warning if trying fulfill an Order that is already cancelled (so it cannot be fulfilled anymore).
- Export & Import Discounts: new column [
Applies To: Customers Email] so that you can copy Discounts from one shop to another, and we will find related customers by their e-mail, instead of ID. Also, you can just specify Customer e-mails, and they can be comma-separated e-mails in the same cell, too.
- Export & Import Companies: removed import of [
Shipping/Billing First/Last Name], keeping only [
Location: Billing/Shipping Recipient] columns – because in Shopify and API now there is just one field
- Security: removed unneeded access scopes:
- Import Orders: using new FulfillmentOrders API for Export and Import of Fulfillments. Import [
Fulfillment: Status] column value cannot be “
open” or “
pending” as Shopify does not support such anymore (supports only “
completed” and “
cancelled” statuses). Column [
Line: Fulfillment Service] is used only for
Shipping Lineas Shopify API does not allow setting it anymore for Line Items.
- Export & Import Metafields: new Metafield type [
- Fix: Import from WooCommerce: was not able to determine weight unit for non-English WooCommerce installation.
- Settings: Now you can schedule the rolling deletion of your Export/Import job files to keep only last 30/60/90 days in Matrixify; or you can press the button to delete all your files.
Note that if you delete your files, Matrixify Support will not be able to access those to help you with file contents, and those files are not recoverable.
- Export & Import Products: renamed column group [
Standard Type] to [
Category] to match Shopify Admin naming of these fields.
- Export & Import Products: renamed columns:
Type: Standard ID] -> [
Type: Standard Name] -> [
Type: Standard] -> [
- Fix: Import: Reading integer values from base columns that came from Google Sheets – should remove the [
- Export Orders: new filter [
Refund: Created At].
- UI: Export Filters: aligning of the text input box – made it more nice.
- Fix: Import: Orders: When searching for line items to refund/fulfill, only compare values as numbers if they don’t contain any other text.
- UI: Remember date picker month when editing applied filter in Export Filters.